You are required to be registered as a teacher if you intend to teach in a Victoria.
All school teachers and principals (who have previously been employed as a teacher) working in government and independent schools are required to be registered.
- Teacher Registration - Full: people who undertake duties which include the delivery of an educational programme and who meet all qualification requirements.
- Teacher Registration - Provisional: people who undertake all duties of a fully registered Teacher, yet do not meet the standard required of professional teachers. This for of registration is usually used by teachers who have recently entered the workforce.
- Early Childhood Teacher Registration - Full: people who undertake duties as a pre-school or kindergarten teacher and who meets all the qualification requirements.
- Early Childhood Teacher Registration - Provisional: people who undertake all duties of a fully registered Early Childhood Teacher, yet do not meet the standard required of professional teachers. This is usually used by teachers who have recently entered the workforce.
- Permission to Teach: people who do not meet the requirements of Teacher Registration but possess the appropriate skills and experience to teach. This permission is for those who are committed to becoming a member of the teaching profession and have made progress toward becoming a registered Teacher.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for any of the registration categories, you will have to fulfil the appropriate qualifications and requirements. Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Full registration and early childhood registration must be annually renewed on 30 September each year.
Initial registration (applicants with Victorian qualifications) / permission to teach. Fees for 2016-17.
Annual registration if paid by 30 September 2015: $93; Annual registration if paid from 1 October to 31 December 2015: $124. Fees for 2016-17.
Initial registration (applicants with interstate or overseas qualifications) / permission to teach. Fees for 2016-17.
|Application||$93.00||Early childhood teacher registration. Fees for 2016-17.
|Application||$22.00||Early childhood registration as a second registration. Fees for 2016-17.
Fees for 2016-17.
Criminal record check. Fees for 2016-17.
Victorian Institute of Teaching
Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon