You will require this permit if you are a genuine community or charitable organisation (as declared by the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation) and intend to:
- conduct a raffle (where prize value exceeds $5 000)
- conduct a session or sessions of bingo games (where fee charged to participate and gross receipts not distributed as prizes during session)
- sell lucky envelopes
- conduct a gaming fundraising event.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this permit you must:
- be a declared community or charitable organisation (if not, you must complete a separate application to become a declared community or charitable organisation and lodge it, together with the application for this permit, with the Commission)
- nominate person who is at least 18 years old to be the responsible for the conduct of the activity and obtain the nominees consent to act
- specify the activity which the organisation wishes to conduct under the permit and the proposed date of the activity
- complete the relevant activity (raffle / bingo / lucky envelope / fundraising event) application form and all other specified documentation, forms and/or information
- pay the prescribed fee(s).
Please consult the responsible agency for further information and advice.
Remains in force for the period not exceeding 2 years specified in the permit, unless sooner cancelled or surrendered.
Fees for 2016-17.
Fees for 2016-17.
Please submit all application forms, related documents and payments to the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation.
Must be lodged 21 days before the proposed event if already a declared organisation otherwise lodge at least 45 days before event together with an Application for Declaration as a Community or Charitable Organisation.
Applications for this permit should be lodged at least 21 days before the event in the case of an already declared organisation. Where an organisation requires a declaration from the Commission up to 45 days should be allowed.
Department of Justice and Regulation
Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
Gambling Regulation Act 2003 (Victoria)
Gambling Regulations 2015 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon