You will require this licence to operate a taxi-cab in certain zones. These zones are defined by the agency and the agency has the right to limit the number of licences granted for each zone. The major taxi-cab zones are:
- Melbourne Metropolitan Zone
- Urban and Large Regional Zone
- Regional Zone
- Country Zone.
There may be different regions in each zone that different licences may be granted for. A licence may be assigned or transferred once it has been granted by the agency.
Accreditation focuses on the key issues of safety and service quality. There are business and service standards that must be met by accredited operators.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- submit the required form
- undergo a national police record check
- provide any other information required by the agency
- pay any required fees.
You will also be required to submit an informed consent form.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Accredited licence holders are subject to a number of ongoing requirements, including the following:
- comply with any conditions on the licence
- keep accurate records as required by the regulations
- cooperate with the agency's investigation and audit activities.
|Apply||Licence||$23,017.00||Metropolitan taxi. Fees for 2016-17.
|Licence||$23,017.00||Urban and larger regional taxi. Fees for 2016-17.
|Licence||$11,509.00||Regional taxi. Fees for 2016-17.
|Licence||$3,556.00||Country taxi. Fees for 2016-17.
Please lodge your application form, fee, and any associated documents directly with the Agency. You will need to attach to your application form:
- A copy of your notice of registration for GST purposes (if applicable);
- A copy of your incorporation certificate, and certificate of registration of a company (if applicable);
- A copy of your National Police Check (if applicable); and
- Certified copies of your identification documents if you are submitting your application by mail, (if you are applying in person you must bring the original documents with you when you apply).
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
Taxi Services Commission
Transport (Compliance and Miscellaneous) Act 1983 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon