You will require this approval if you intend to manufacture, supply or provide testing services of gambling equipment and systems in Victoria.
Listing on the roll is authorisation to do one or more of the following, subject to conditions imposed by the agency:
- manufacture, sell or supply approved gaming machines
- manufacture, sell or supply restricted gaming components or monitoring components
- obtain or acquire approved gaming machines or restricted gaming components.
Listing on the roll as a supplier of testing services is authorisation to do the following:
- install, service, repair or maintain gaming equipment, player account equipment, and monitoring equipment
- test gaming equipment, player account equipment and monitoring equipment for the purposes of issuing certificates
- test the instruments, hardware, software or equipment of a public lottery or keno licence holder
- test a pre-commitment system
- test interactive gaming equipment.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To apply for approval to be listed on the roll you must:
- apply to the using the approved form
- provide any additional information or documentation the Agency may require
- pay the application fee
- publish the required notice in a newspaper circulating generally in Victoria within 14 days of making your application.
In addition, the Commission will take into account the following matters when determining whether to grant an application:
- the reputation of the applicant and their associates
- whether the applicant has a sound and stable financial background
- if the applicant is an organisation, whether satisfactory ownership trust arrangements or corporate structures are in place
- the applicant's business associations
- the suitability of all people involved in the ownership, administration or management of the operations or business
- the applicant's technical competence.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Listing on the roll is subject to a number of ongoing requirements.
The Agency may impose any conditions it considers appropriate, and may amend the conditions at any time where it is in the public interest to do so.
A failure to adhere or comply with ongoing requirements may result in disciplinary action.
As specifed on the licence.
Fees for 2016-17.
Department of Justice and Regulation
Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
Gambling Regulation Act 2003 (Victoria)
Gambling Regulations 2015 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon