You will require this permit if you are a licensed firearms dealer and you intend to loan for use in film, television or theatrical re-enactment. Only blank-firing or permanently inoperable firearms may be loaned out under this permit.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this permit you must:
- complete any forms and provide any documentation as required by the agency
- hold a current firearms dealers licence
- pay any fees
- be willing to comply with any conditions set by the agency.
If you are applying for a new licence (not a renewal), your application must include:
- a resume outlining current and / or previous involvement in theatrical productions, current and / or previous qualification that support this application, and a knowledge of the legislative requirements
- a copy of your Standard Operating Procedures detailing the supervision, storage and safety arrangements for the firearms while they are being carried and used outside your licensed premises.
Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
A number of conditions apply including the following:
- the dealer, or an employee, must supervise the use of the firearm, unless it is an imitation handgun or other firearm that has been rendered permanently inoperable
- only dealers, their employees and persons taking part in the production can carry or use the firearms.
Licensed firearm holders who loan out blank firing firearms are required to be present during the filming or re-enactment while their firearms are being used.
As specified on the permit.
Fees for 2016-17.
Please lodge your application, fee and any associated documents directly with the Agency.
Firearms Act 1996 (Victoria)
Firearms Regulations 2008 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon