Agistment Permit - Victoria

Service summary

You will require this permit if you intend to enter cattle, sheep or horses onto any reserve or Crown Land. This land must not be held under a current licence or lease. Permits may be offered by tender or agreement, on a weekly or monthly basis.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit, you must:

  • Apply in writing;
  • Provide any information or documentation required by the Authority; and
  • Pay the prescribed fees.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.



The agistment permit fee will fixed by agreement or the calling of tenders by the person granting the permit.



Application for an Agistment Permit - Please contact the responsible agency for application forms and registration details.



Please lodge your application, fee and any associated documents directly with the Agency.

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
Land Management Policy Division

Act(s) name

Land Act 1958 (Victoria)

Regulation(s) name

Land Regulations 2006 (Victoria)

Contact details

Information Officer
Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
Land Management Policy Division

Operating address:
8 Nicholson Street
East Melbourne, Victoria 3002
Mailing address:
Melbourne, Victoria 3002


03 96379680


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.