You will require this accreditation if you intend to be a driver of commercial passenger vehicles. A commercial passenger vehicle is any motor vehicle that is used or intended to be used for carrying passengers for hire or reward. This includes:
- private, tour and charter buses
- general or restricted hire cars
- special purpose vehicles.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this accreditation you must:
- complete the required application forms
- provide an acceptable proof of identification
- have a medical assessment to ensure your fitness to drive a commercial passenger vehicle or private bus
- provide proof that you have held your current full (non-probationary) driver licence for at least 6 months
- have your driving history checked
- successfully complete any training course as required by the Agency
- pay any required fees.
Please consult the responsible agency for information regarding eligibility requirements.
You will need to abide by minimum industry business operational and service standards. To renew your driver accreditation, you must:
- complete and sign the renewal form
- have the medical certificate completed by a registered medical practitioner
- have the vision acuteness certificate completed by a registered medical practitioner or registered optometrist
- have a photograph taken at the Agency office.
When applying for a renewal, you may also apply for a working with children check exemption. This allows you to conduct activities around children without having to get a working with children check.
Accreditation will remain valid for a period up to 3 years.
will increase if you do not submit a National Police Check.
Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.
Your application must include the completed application form and:
- A completed medical certificate and vision acuteness certificate;
- Two colour passport photos that are no more than six months old;
- Your current full (non-probationary) driver licence, and proof that you have held that licence in an Australian State or Territory for at least 12 months, or an independent driving assessment report;
- A second acceptable proof of identification; and
- A current, original National Police Certificate.
Please consult the Agency, their website, and the forms for full details of the application process.
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
Taxi Services Commission
Transport (Compliance and Miscellaneous) Act 1983 (Victoria)
Transport (Taxi-Cab Industry Accreditation) Regulations 2007 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon