Registration of Community Service Providers - Victoria

Service summary

You will be required to register as a community service provider if you intend to deliver community-based child and family services, and / or out-of-home care. Registration is usually a condition of receiving funding. There are three categories of registration:

  • Category A: Out-of-home care services;
  • Category B: Community-based child and family services; or
  • Both A and B.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this registration you must:

  • Apply using the prescribed form;
  • Be able to meet the relevant performance standards;
  • Provide all information and documentation required by the Authority; and
  • Pay the prescribed fees.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.

Ongoing requirements

As a registered community service provider, you have a number of responsibilities including:

  • Providing services to a child in a manner that is in the best interests of the child;
  • Making your services accessible and widely known to the public; and
  • Collaborating with local service networks to promote the best interests of children.


Registration has effect for a period of 3 years, unless it is revoked or extended.



Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.

Administering agency


Act(s) name

Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 (Victoria)

Regulation(s) name

Children's Service Regulations 2009 (Victoria)

Contact details

General Enquiries



Website:,-youth-and-families Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.