National Park Business Activities Permit - Victoria

Service summary

You will require this permit if you intend to conduct certain business activities in a National Park. Activities affecting land and flora or fauna, buildings, camping places and other facilities erected or provided in any national park in Victoria are covered by this permit, which may take the form of a permit, licence, lease or other authorisation.
The types of activities considered need to be for the protection, development or improvement of the park. They might include ski and chairlift operations, food, accommodation and vehicle services, retail shops, livestock grazing, apiary operations, and tourism activities.
This permit does not allow cattle to be introduced or used in Alpine or Red River Gum national parks.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit, you must:

  • apply using the prescribed form
  • provide any information or documentation required by the agency
  • pay the prescribed fee.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.



Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.



Application for National Park Business Activities Permit - Please contact the responsible agency for application forms and registration details.

Administering agency

Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
Parks Victoria

Act(s) name

National Parks Act 1975 (Victoria)

Regulation(s) name

National Parks Regulations 2013 (Victoria)

Contact details

Information Centre
Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
Parks Victoria


03 8627 4700


03 9629 5563


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.