Licence to Sell or Supply by Wholesale - Victoria

Service summary

You will require this licence if you intend to sell or supply poisons or controlled substances by wholesale. Special requirements may apply to particular schedules of poisons. You are not allowed to sell or supply by wholesale a Schedule 1 poison, Schedule 5 poison, Schedule 6 poison or a Schedule 7 poison that is not allowed to be sold according to the Poisons Code.

Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • Complete an application form;
  • Nominate a Responsible Person;
  • Maintain a Poisons Control Plan;
  • Allow an inspection of premise;
  • Submit all required documentation; and
  • Pay the prescribed fees.





Fees will vary according to the scheduled drugs. Please consult the Table of Fees for details.



Your application must be in the approved form and mailed to the Agency accompanied by the required fee.

Administering agency

Department of Health and Human Services
Drugs and Poisons Regulation

Act(s) name

Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981 (Victoria)

Regulation(s) name

Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Regulations 2006 (Victoria)

Contact details

Department of Health and Human Services
Drugs and Poisons Regulation


1300 364 545


1300 360 830

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.