You will require this accreditation if you intend to operate as a taxi network service provider, also known as a taxi booking service. This service takes bookings from passengers and dispatches a taxi-cab operator.
A network service provider has the responsibility for the provision of the following:
- a global positioning system for taxi-cabs
- maintenance of information management systems in relation to the taxi-cab hiring, booking and orders
- brand identification for taxi-cabs
- support services for taxi-cab operators and drivers
- maintenance of a system for receiving and handling customer complaints relating to taxi-cab hiring, booking and orders
- taxi-cab driver training.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this accreditation you must:
- be an individual, partnership, company, co-operative, an incorporated association or a body corporate
- submit the required form
- submit an informed consent form
- provide appropriate levels of identification
- provide any other information required by the agency
- pay any required fees.
Unincorporated bodies or associations will not be granted this accreditation. Please consult the responsible agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Accredited licence holders are subject to a number of ongoing requirements, including the following:
- keep accurate records as required by the regulations
- cooperate with the agency's investigation and audit activities
- investigate and address complaints promptly as required by the regulations.
An accreditation remains in force until it is cancelled or surrendered.
Please consult the responsible agency for information on fees to be submitted with your application.
Please lodge your application and all accompanying documentation directly with the Agency.
An approval decision must be made within 30 days of receiving the application.
Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources
Taxi Services Commission
Transport (Compliance and Miscellaneous) Act 1983 (Victoria)
Transport (Taxi-Cab Industry Accreditation) Regulations 2007 (Victoria)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon