Notification of Unclaimed Monies - Victoria

Service summary

You will be required to comply with this lodgement if your business holds any unclaimed money.

General unclaimed money is any amount of $20 or more that is legally payable to an owner but has not been paid for 12 months or longer (as of 1 March of that year). This includes:
  • share dividends
  • salaries and wages
  • rent and bonds
  • debenture and interest
  • un-presented cheques
  • trust money.

Principal and interest are treated as one sum. Please consult the responsible agency for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance (if any) that may be required.

Service type

Advisory Material

Advisory material provides advice and guidance in undertaking a business.



By 31 March each year, you will need to:

  • create a register of unclaimed money
  • enter details of all unclaimed money held at 1 March into the register.

By 31 May each year, you must:
  • complete the online Statement of Compliance
  • attach the register of all unclaimed money
  • submit the Statement of Compliance
  • pay the unclaimed money stated.

Administering agency

Department of Treasury and Finance
State Revenue Office

Act(s) name

Unclaimed Money Act 2008 (Victoria)

Contact details

Unclaimed Money
Department of Treasury and Finance
State Revenue Office

Operating address:
Level 2, 121 Exhibition Street
Victoria 3000
Mailing address:
GPO BOX 1641
Melbourne, Victoria 3001


13 21 61

Website: Opens in a new browser window


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.