You will require this accreditation if you intend to undertake any of the following railway operations:
- Construction of a railway, railway tracks, or associated railway infrastructure
- Management, commissioning, maintenance, repair, modification, installation, operation or decommissioning of rail infrastructure
- Operations involving rolling stock
- Restoration or repair work
- Testing of railway tracks or other infrastructure
- Any other activities relating to railway operations deemed appropriate by the Agency and specified in the accreditation.
In acquiring this accreditation, you must demonstrate the competence and capacity required to identify and manage the risks to safety associated with railway operations.
You may apply for an exemption from compliance with any part of the Rail Safety National Law. This exemption will be granted if the circumstances are deemed appropriate.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this accreditation you must:
- Hold the position of either rail infrastructure manager, rolling stock operator or both
- Demonstrate the competency and capacity to manage all safety risks associated with undertaking railway operations and be able to implement proposed safety management systems
- Have the financial capacity, or public risk insurance to meet reasonable potential accident liabilities which may arise during railway operations
- Complete the relevant form
- Pay the required fee
- Provide any other information required by the Agency.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
|Apply||Application||$1,000.00||Application for registration
Annual licence fees vary depending on individual circumstances.
|Application||$1,000.00||Application for exemption
|Vary||Variation||$250.00||Application for variation of registration
|Variation||$100.00||Application for variation of conditions / restrictions of exemption
|Variation||$100.00||Application for variation of exemption
|Variation||$250.00||Application for variation of conditions / restrictions of registration
Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator
Rail Safety National Law (WA) Act 2015 (Western Australia)
Rail Safety National Law (WA) Regulations 2015 (Western Australia)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon