Register as a Physiotherapist - Western Australia

Service summary

You are required to be registered if you intend to practise as a physiotherapist in Australia. Physiotherapists undertake the remediation and rehabilitation of injuries or disabilities.

Please note that the types of activities considered a part of physiotherapy may be updated or changed from time to time.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You may be eligible for general, limited or non-practising registration if you are:

  • qualified for registration in the relevant health profession
  • not disqualified under law from applying, or being registered, and
  • able to meet any other requirements stated in the registration standard.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


One year.


30 November.



Fees are listed on the attached document.

Administering agency

Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency

Act(s) name

Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (WA) Act 2010 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Enquiries, AHPRA Western Australia
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency

Operating address:
Level 1
541 Hay Street
Western Australia 6008
Mailing address:
GPO BOX 9958
Perth, Western Australia 6001


03 9275 9009


1300 419 495


Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.