You will require this approval if you intend to conduct gaming on your premises. This applies to holding any games of chance for money (or other winnings), such as bingo and poker, as well as gaming machines. This approval may be granted for any of the following:
- a specific function or event
- a reoccurring function or event
- a function or event of a continuing nature.
Please note that you will require separate approvals to actually carry out any gaming once the premises have been approved.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this approval, you must:
- be over the age of 18 years
- have the consent of the owner of the premises and
- disclose the nature and extent of any ownership or other interest you have in the premises.
The Commission might require you to:
- obtain a report from the relevant local government on the suitability of the premises
- obtain a report from the Police Commissioner on the suitability of the premises
- disclose all details regarding the ownership, interest and titles of the premises
- state the proposed periods of use for gaming
- state the type of gaming, the permitted attendees and any proposed charges.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Up to five years.
For a specific function
For an ongoing approval (up to five years)
Department of Racing, Gaming and Liquor
Gaming and Wagering Commission
Gaming and Wagering Commission Act 1987 (Western Australia)
Gaming and Wagering Commission Regulations 1988 (Western Australia)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon