Approval to Move Livestock through a Controlled Access Road - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this approval if you intend to use a section or part of a road subject to control of access for the movement of livestock. Control of access refers to a road, or part of a road, which has been declared to be subject to control of access and as such is only intended for use by prescribed traffic and may only be entered or exited from a specified place.

You do not require this approval for moving livestock by transport in a vehicle.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this approval you must:

  • Be willing to comply with any ongoing requirements;
  • Submit the required documentation and forms; and
  • Pay any required fees.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the approval.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.



Application for Approval to Move Livestock Through a Controlled Access Road - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Main Roads Western Australia

Act(s) name

Main Roads Act 1930 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Enquiries, Head Office
Main Roads Western Australia

Operating address:
Waterloo Crescent
East Perth
Western Australia 6004
Mailing address:
PO Box 6202
East Perth,Western Australia,




The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.