Order for Road Closure for Events - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this order if you intend to organise an event on public roads and require the road to be closed. Examples of events for which this road closure order can be made include street parties, sporting events, running races, and community festivals.

This order does not apply to public meetings or protests. A different permit is required to close a road for those sorts of events. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this order you must:

  • Be an over the age of 18;
  • Obtain the consent of the local council or other government body which administers the road that you intend to close;
  • Submit the required form; and
  • Pay the prescribed fee.

For small street parties without substantial public participation you must also obtain the consent of at least two thirds of the occupiers of land immediately adjacent to the road that you propose to close. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As indicated.



Fees vary from $80.60 to $199.50 depending on the type and size of your proposed event. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Administering agency

Main Roads Western Australia

Act(s) name

Road Traffic Act 1974 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Road Traffic (Events on Roads) Regulations 1991 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Traffic Management Officer, Event Coordination
Main Roads Western Australia

Mailing address:
PO Box 6202
East Perth,Western Australia,




08 93234174

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.