You will require this licence if you intend to buy, sell or trade firearms or ammunition. This licence will authorise you to:
- deal in firearms on a premises named in the licence
- receive firearms for the purpose of dismantling them for parts
- arrange for the repair or service of firearms by someone else who holds a Firearms Repairer's Licence
- issue firearm serviceability certificates
- permit your employees or partner to have firearms in their possession, and to use such firearms for testing and demonstration purposes.
You will usually hold this licence on behalf of a business or body corporate.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Provide a 100 point proof of identification;
- Obtain a firearms awareness certificate;
- Be a fit and proper person to hold a firearms licence;
- Not have any close associates who are not fit and proper persons; and
- Provide an Agents Nominee Letter as written proof of authority to make the application on behalf of a business / company.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Complete an initial online application, and then take all forms and supporting documentation to Australia Post.
Police Licensing Services
Firearms Act 1973 (Western Australia)
Firearms Regulations 1974 (Western Australia)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon