Consent to Certain Uses of Aboriginal Sites - Western Australia

Service summary

You may need consent from the Registrar of Aboriginal Sites if you intend to carry out any activity that may damage, alter or disturb and Aboriginal site. This includes:

  • treating land or objects in a way against Aboriginal custom
  • excavating or removing any object
  • bring any equipment onto the land
  • disturbing the surrounding environment
  • destroying or altering any flora
  • drive or park vehicles
  • erect tents and light fires
  • sell food or beverage
  • take photographs.

For further information about whether you need to make an application, and how to do so, please use the contact details below.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.



Consent to Certain Uses of Aboriginal Sites - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Department of Aboriginal Affairs

Act(s) name

Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Registrar of Aboriginal Sites
Department of Aboriginal Affairs

Mailing address:
PO BOX 3153
East Perth, Western Australia 6892


08 6551 8082

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.