You will require this approval if you intend to undertake any type of commercial activity or event in Kings Park, Bold Park or the Botanic Gardens.
Activities you are required to seek approval for include
- organised activities such as concerts, picnics, marriage ceremonies or sporting events
- taking photographs for the purpose of public display, broadcast or transmission, or for use in the promotion or sale of goods or services (commercial photography)
- selling, offering for sale or hiring any goods or services
- distributing advertising material
- erecting or placing a structure on the land
- affixing advertisements or documents or writing on any rock, tree, fence, gate, road, post, natural surface, building or any other structure
- carrying or discharging a weapon
- taking, damaging or destroying flora, fungi or fauna
- lighting a fire other than in fireplaces at the Parks or a portable gas barbecue or other portable cooker
- initing fireworks, sparklers or other explosive devices
A structure means a building, tent, shelter, fence or other thing that is fixed to land or to anything that is fixed to land.
Approval may be required for other activities not listed here.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.
As specified on the approval.
Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted with your application.
Approval for Activities in Kings Park, Bold Park and the Botanic Gardens - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.
Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority
Business and Visitor Services
Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority Act 1998 (Western Australia)
Botanic Gardens and Parks Regulations 1999 (Western Australia)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon