EPA Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) - Western Australia

Service summary

You may require an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) environmental impact assessment if you are engaged in new development proposals or are aware of proposals that are likely to have a significant effect on the environment. Development proposals include proposals for mining, industry as well as infrastructure such as ports, railways and pipelines. The EPA considers proposals and decides whether or not they require formal environmental impact assessment.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this approval you must:

  • be willing to comply with any ongoing requirements of the assessment process
  • submit the required documentation and forms, covering the intended project, the expected environmental impacts, and management plans for these impacts
  • pay the prescribed fees.

Please consult directly with the Contact Officer for further information on any eligibility requirements specific to your approval.


To be determined.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted with your application.

Other resources

Administering agency

Environmental Protection Authority

Act(s) name

Environmental Protection Act 1986 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Enquiries, Office of the Environment Protection Authority
Environmental Protection Authority

Mailing address:
Locked Bag 33
Cloisters Square PO
Western Australia 6850


08 64675600


08 64675562

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.