You will require this licence if you intend to carry out plumbing work or exercise control over someone else carrying out plumbing work. Your licence will set out which types of plumbing you are authorised to do. You may be authorised for any combination of the following types of work:
- Water supply plumbing work;
- Sanitary plumbing work; or
- Drainage plumbing work.
As well as carrying out work yourself, this licence also authorises you to:
- Exercise control over or supervise the carrying out of plumbing work by the holder of a tradesperson's (plumbing) licence or a tradesperson's (drainage plumbing) licence;
- Certify plumbing work; and
- Supervise an apprentice.
You will not require a licence if you are an apprentice working under the supervision of someone with a licence. Please consult the Contact Officer for further information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Have the financial and technical ability to provide the services covered by the licence;
- Be considered a fit and proper person to hold a licence;
- Hold the required qualifications;
- Hold a plumbing tradesperson's licence;
- Obtain a statement or statements of your competency in your chosen class or classes of work;
- Submit the required forms; and
- Pay any required fees.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Department of Commerce
Plumbers Licensing Board
Plumbers Licensing Act 1995 (Western Australia)
Plumbers Licensing and Plumbing Standards Regulations 2000 (Western Australia)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon