Caravan Park or Camping Ground Licence - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this licence if you intend to operate a:

  • caravan park
  • camping ground
  • park home park
  • transit park
  • nature based park.

A park home park is a caravan park at which park homes are situated for habitation. A park home is a caravan that cannot be drawn by another vehicle on a road due to its size. A transit camp is a facility where an occupier cannot stay more than three consecutive nights. A nature based park is a facility where an occupier cannot stay more than twenty eight nights across a three month period.

Each park home brought onto a facility must be approved by the local council. Council approval is also required to attach an annexe to a caravan in a facility, and to construct a carport or pergola.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


You may apply for exemption approval or variation of any regulation or local law made under the legislation that applies to these facilities.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As indicated on the licence.



Long or short stay sites and sites in transit parks: $6 per site; Camp site: $3 per site; Overflow site: $1.50 per site (minimum fee $200).




Application for Caravan Park or Camping Ground Licence - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Shire of Dumbleyung

Act(s) name

Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Act 1995 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Caravan Park and Camping Ground Regulations 1997 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Enquiries Officer
Shire of Dumbleyung

Operating address:
Harvey Street
WA 6350
Mailing address:
Dumbleyung, Western Australia 6350


08 9863 4012


08 9863 4146


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.