Commercial Potato Grower Registration - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this registration if you intend to operate as a commercial potato producer.

You are a commercial producer if you planted at least 100 square metres of land with potatoes in the preceding period of 12 months.

You must register your business if you intend to grow potatoes to sell:

  • To consumers in Western Australia;
  • To a manufacturer of potato products;
  • For export; or
  • For propagation.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this registration, you must:

  • Complete the prescribed application forms;
  • Be considered fit to hold the registration;
  • Comply with other requirements as set; and
  • Pay any required fees.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.




Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.

Administering agency

Potato Marketing Corporation of Western Australia

Act(s) name

Marketing of Potatoes Act 1946 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Marketing of Potatoes Regulations 1987 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Potato Marketing Corporation of Western Australia

Mailing address:
Bin 40, 3 Baron-Hay Court
South Perth
Western Australia 6151


08 9423 0500


08 9423 0555


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.