You will require this permit if you intend to provide an alfresco dining area in a street or public place. An alfresco dining area is an outside eating area adjoining a shop, cafe or restaurant where tables, chairs and other structures are provided for the use of patrons.
This permit covers a specified portion of an adjoining street or public place.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this permit you must:
- Submit a plan detailing specifications of the proposed eating area at a scale of 1:50 and include information on the location and dimensions of the proposed eating area;
- Submit a plan and specifications at a scale of 1:20 showing the eating area and all land and improvements thereon within 30 meters of the boundaries of the eating area;
- Provide colour photographs of the tables, chairs and other structures to be set up in the eating area;
- Submit a written statement of the proposed days and times of operation; and
- Provide any written particulars of arrangements made in respect of public liability insurance of not less than $1,000,000.
Valid until 30 June of the next year.
$135 per square metre per year (in excess of 2 square metres).
Alfresco area boundary delineators (per disk): $90.
Application for a Permit for an Outdoor Eating Area in a Street or Public Place (Alfresco Dining) - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.
Local Government Act 1995 (Western Australia)
Local law(s) name
Activities in Thoroughfares, Public Places and Trading Local Law 2014
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon