You will be required this registration if you have designed plant that you intend manufacture, import or supply. Plant that may need to be registered includes:
- amusement structures
- boom-type elevating work platforms
- bridge cranes with a safe working load greater than 10 tonnes, or which are designed to handle molten metal or dangerous goods
- building maintenance units
- gantry cranes with a safe working load greater than 5 tonnes, or which are designed to handle molten metal or dangerous goods
- gas cylinders
- hoists, other than elevating work platforms, that have a platform movement in excess of 2.4 metres and which are designed to lift people
- mast climbing work platforms
- mobile cranes, other than tow trucks, with a safe working load greater than 10 tonnes
- pre-fabricated scaffolding systems
- pressure equipment
- tower cranes
- vehicle hoists
- work boxes.
You will also need to register any alterations to an existing design. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this registration you must complete an approved registration form, and provide the following:
- a signed statement by the person who designed the plant verifying that the person has complied with the regulations
- the name, address and qualifications of the design verifiers and their employers
- a signed statement by a design verifier that the design complies with relevant standards
- representational drawings of the plant design
- the required registration fee.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Registration of design of plant
|Vary||Variation||$369.00||Alteration to design of plant
Department of Commerce
WorkSafe Western Australia
Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 (Western Australia)
Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 (Western Australia)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon