Forest Produce Licence or Permit - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this licence or permit if you intend to take forest produce from Crown land. You will be required to pay forest produce charges for all forest produce taken under either your permit or licence.

You will need a permit if you want the exclusive right to take and remove forest produce as specified in the permit from a defined portion of Crown land. A permit can only be issued if there is a management plan in force for the relevant land. It may include a right to do any of the following

  • occupy land as the site of a sawmill or of other buildings, as a timber depot, and for any other purpose
  • operate a plant or other facilities for converting, treating or processing forest produce
  • make roads and construct and work tramways.

You will need a licence if you want a non-exclusive right to take and remove specified forest produce from Crown land. You will need a separate licence to chop down trees or remove sandalwood.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Up to 10 years for permit; Up to 15 years for licence but may be extended for up to another 5 years.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.



Application for Forest Produce Licence - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Forest Products Commission

Act(s) name

Conservation and Land Management Act 1984 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Forest Management Regulations 1993 (Western Australia)

Contact details

General Enquiries
Forest Products Commission

Operating address:
D Block
Level 1
3 Baron-Hay Court
Kensington, Western Australia 6151
Mailing address:
Locked Bag 888
Perth Business Centre
Western Australia 6849


08 9363 4600


08 9363 4601


Forest Products Commission Opens in a new browser window

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.