Permit to Use a Premises as a Feedlot - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this permit if you intend to use a premises as a feedlot for any animal. Animals that might use a feedlot include sheep, lambs, goats, deer, cattle, buffalo, roosters, hens, geese, turkeys, ducks, poultry, emus and ostriches.

A feedlot includes any premises confined for the purposes of watering and feeding facilities where animals or birds are held and fed for the purpose of weight gain. No premises shall be granted this permit unless it complies with the minimum separation from town sites, dwellings, water courses, bores, wells and roadways.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.





Application for Permit to Use a Premises as a Feedlot - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Shire of Dandaragan

Act(s) name

Health Act 1911 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Enquiries Officer
Shire of Dandaragan

Operating address:
Jurien Bay Administration Centre
Jurien Bay
WA 6516
Mailing address:
PO BOX 676
Jurien Bay, Western Australia 6516


08 96520800


08 96521310


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.