Restricted Fire Permit - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this permit if you intend to carry out burning during a restricted burning time.

During certain times of year determined by the Fire and Emergency Services Commissioner (restricted burning times), it is unlawful to set fire to the bush within specified parts of the state (zones) without a permit.

A permit does not authorise burning during prohibited burning times or total fire bans. Special authorisation must be obtained from the Agency to burn during prohibited burning times or a total fire ban. A special permit may be obtained authorising the burning of land growing subterranean clover during prohibited burning times for the purpose of collecting clover burr.

Permission is also required to deposit incendiary material (hot or burning ash, cinders, hot furnace refuse, or other burning combustible matter) on land at any time.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.



Restricted Fire Permit - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Shire of West Arthur

Act(s) name

Bush Fires Act 1954 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Bush Fires Regulations 1954 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Enquiries Officer
Shire of West Arthur

Operating address:
31 Burrowes Street
WA 6392


08 97362222


08 97362212


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.