You will require this licence if you intend to hawk any goods, wares or merchandise. A hawker is a peddler or a person who travels and trades, moving from town to town or to residences soliciting orders for, carrying to sell, or exposing for sale any goods, wares or merchandise. A hawker does not include the following:
- Commercial travellers or other persons selling or seeking orders for goods, wares, or merchandise to or from persons who are dealers therein, or selling or seeking orders for books or newspapers;
- Sellers of any food, newspapers, brooms, or matches;
- Persons selling or exposing for sale goods, wares or merchandise in any public market or fair lawfully established, or upon any racecourse, agricultural showground, or public recreation ground;
- Sellers of goods of their own manufacture; or
- Persons representing a manufacturer whose goods are sold direct to consumers only and not through a shop.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
Prospective applicants must produce a certificate signed by two Justices of the Peace certifying that they are of good character and a fit person to trade as a hawker. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
As indicated on the licence.
Licence fee per week.
Licence fee per year.
Footpath adjacent to shop where alfresco dining licence does not apply.
Application for Hawker's Licence - Please consult the Contact Officer for information on forms to be submitted.
Local Government Act 1995 (Western Australia)
Local law(s) name
Local Government Act Local Laws 1998
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon