Temporary Movement Permit - Western Australia

Service summary

You will need this permit if you intend to move an unlicensed vehicle for the purposes of examination for licensing or repairs prior to licensing. This permit can be obtained for the purposes of moving:

  • an agricultural vehicle to a property, to remain on such property
  • an agricultural vehicle to the nearest place where repairs may be made
  • an unlicensed vehicle to a different State to be licensed
  • a licensed vehicle from a different State to Western Australia
  • a vehicle to a Vehicle Examination Centre for inspection.

You cannot receive a permit for the following purposes:

  • any unlicensed motor vehicle being moved for parts or wrecking
  • caravans or trailers moving between sites
  • oversized caravans
  • once only movement of a boat jinker.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


Permits are usually valid for 48 hours from the nominated start time.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.



48 Hour Temporary Movement Permit - Please use the online form to apply for this permit.

Administering agency

Department of Transport
Transport Services
Driver and Vehicle Services

Act(s) name

Road Traffic (Vehicles) Act 2012 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Road Traffic (Vehicles) Regulations 2014 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Enquiries, Vehicle Licensing
Department of Transport
Transport Services
Driver and Vehicle Services

Operating address:
Tassels Place
Western Australia 6018


13 11 56


08 6551 6001

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.