Licence to Import or Export Fauna - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this licence if you intend to import or export fauna (native wildlife), or products from fauna, to or from Western Australia. Fauna means any animal indigenous to Australia, and any animal that periodically migrates to and lives in Australia and includes any animal declared to be fauna by the Agency. You will also require this licence if you intend to import live exotic birds and other exotic animals from outside Western Australia.

If you intend to export into another state, the authorities in that state must issue you an import licence before you are issued with a Western Australian export licence. A separate licence shall be held in respect of each consignment of fauna intended to be exported.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the licence.



Per consignment.


Please consult the Contact Officer for information on any fee exemptions that may apply.

Other resources

Approval time

Please allow 3 working days for applications to be processed.

Administering agency

Department of Parks and Wildlife

Act(s) name

Wildlife Conservation Act 1950 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Imports and Exports, Wildlife Licensing Section
Department of Parks and Wildlife

Mailing address:
Locked Bag 30
Bentley Delivery Centre
Western Australia 6983


08 9219 9835


08 9219 8242

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.