Permit for Public Meetings or Processions on Public Roads - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this permit if you intend to hold a public meeting or procession on a public road. For example, if you intend to organise a parade on a public road or street.

Please note that you may need additional approvals to run your event. The local Council regulates activities on local government roads, while highways are regulated by a separate State agency.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this permit you must:

  • Provide details of the proposed event
  • Submit the required forms
  • Pay the required fees.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


As specified on the permit.



Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.



Please lodge your application with the local Police Station.

Administering agency

WA Police

Act(s) name

Public Order in Streets Act 1984 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Public Meetings and Processions Regulations 1984 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Permit and Parade Officer, State Traffic Intelligence, Planning and Coordination Unit
WA Police
WA Police
Police Licensing Services
WA Police
W.A Police Service

Operating address:
Floor 2
22 Clayton Street
Midland, Western Australia 6056


08 6274 8564


08 6274 8664

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.