Miscellaneous Licence (Onshore Minerals) - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this licence if you intend to construct infrastructure or undertake other development activities relating to mining. A miscellaneous licence may authorise you to use land for a purpose which is directly connected with mining.

A full list of purposes for which a miscellaneous licence for the use of land may be granted include:

  • Pipelines, power lines;
  • Roads, tramways, tunnels and bridges;
  • Conveyor system;
  • Taking water;
  • Accommodation facilities;
  • Aerodromes; and
  • Power generation and transmission facilities.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • Submit the prescribed forms; and
  • Pay the prescribed fees.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


21 years.



Further fees may apply. Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.

Other resources

Comply Fees and Charges - PDF Opens a PDF in a new browser window

Approval time

Approximately 3 to 6 months.

Administering agency

Department of Mines and Petroleum
Minerals and Mining

Act(s) name

Mining Act 1978 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Mining Regulations 1981 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Enquiries, General Tenement
Department of Mines and Petroleum
Minerals and Mining

Operating address:
First Floor, Mineral House
100 Plain Street
East Perth
Western Australia 6004


08 9222 3626


08 9222 3444

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.