National Construction Code - Western Australia

Service summary

You will be required to comply with this code if you intend to operate, construct or assemble a park home, caravan park or rigid annexe. You will also be required to comply with this code if you intend to change the use of a park home or annexe (for example, carry out alterations, additions, restoration or repair work).

This code contains requirements for the design and construction of buildings and other structures, covering such matters as structure, fire resistance, access, services and equipment, and certain aspects of health and amenity.

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.

Service type

Code of Practice

A code of practice can be either a legal requirement or non-legal requirement. Legal codes of practice are defined as a result of legislation. Non-legal codes of practice are defined by industry regulators and bodies.

Other resources

Comply National Construction Code Opens in a new browser window

Administering agency

Department of Local Government and Communities

Act(s) name

Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Act 1995 (Western Australia)

Regulation(s) name

Caravan Park and Camping Ground Regulations 1997 (Western Australia)

Contact details

Department of Local Government and Communities

Operating address:
Gordon Stephenson House
140 William Street
Western Australia 6000
Mailing address:
GPO Box R1250
Western Australia 6844




08 65518700


08 65521555

Supporting information


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.