Permit to Interfere with Vegetation on Local Government Property - Western Australia

Service summary

You will require this permit if you intend to plant, remove or interfere with vegetation on local government property such as thoroughfares, parks and verges. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Felling or poisoning trees;
  • Pruning or lopping trees;
  • Planting flowers, shrubs or trees;
  • Sowing any seeds; or
  • Harvesting, picking or removing flowers or other vegetation.

You will also require this permit if you intend to create a firebreak on a thoroughfare or public land.

Please contact the Contact Officer for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.





Please consult the Contact Officer for information on fees to be submitted.



Permit to Plant or Interfere with Vegetation on a Nature Strip or Council Land - Please consult the contact officer for further information on forms to be submitted.

Administering agency

Shire of Dandaragan

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1995 (Western Australia)

Local law(s) name

Local Government Property Local Law 1995

Contact details

Enquiries Officer
Shire of Dandaragan

Operating address:
Jurien Bay Administration Centre
Jurien Bay
WA 6516
Mailing address:
PO BOX 676
Jurien Bay, Western Australia 6516


08 9652 0800


08 9652 1310


The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance only.

To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.

The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice, nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained, the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.

To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments, their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon the information.