You will require this registration if you intend to advertise or provide an education service for full fee paying overseas students. You will also require this registration if you intend to enrol international students in an education service.
An education service includes any instruction or training, whether given as a course or not.
Certain education service providers or classes of education service may be exempt from needing to obtain this registration.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information.
A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.
To be eligible for this registration you must:
- Reside in Australia;
- Be of good character and reputation;
- Have sufficient financial and other resources available to comply with the Act and regulations;
- Understand the duties and obligations of an education service provider;
- Have a proper method of financial reporting and financial monitoring for moneys received from full fee overseas students;
- Provide satisfactory educational facilities;
- Obtain proper accreditation for your educational standards;
- Have proper contractual arrangements specifying the fees and charges to be paid;
- Provide adequate counselling and pastoral care services for your students;
- Provide adequate procedures for the resolution of disputes with full fee overseas students;
- Provide any other information required by the Agency;
- Submit the relevant application form; and
- Pay the required fee.
If you are applying for application as a firm, in addition to the requirements above, your firm must:
- If it consists of 2 partners, at least one must reside in Australia. If it consists of more than 2 partners at least 2 of the partners must reside in Australia;
- If it is a body corporate, it must be incorporated in Australia; and
- Be under the management and control of people of good character and reputation.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.
Maximum 5 years.
Institutions with a total international student population of 9 or less per calendar year: $316; and
Institutions with a total international student population of 10 or more per calendar year: $784.
If all requirements are satisfied, approximately 4 weeks.
Department of Education Services
Education Service Providers (Full Fee Overseas Students) Registration Act 1991 (Western Australia)
Education Service Providers (Full Fee Overseas Students) Registration Regulations 1992 (Western Australia)
The information contained on the Australian Business Licence and Information Service
(ABLIS) web site, or via packages or other sources is intended for general guidance
To the full extent permitted by law, the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments
make no representations or warranties (expressed or implied) in relation to the
information, including its accuracy, currency or completeness.
The business information provided does not constitute professional or legal advice,
nor is the use of any third party resource an endorsement of the information contained,
the associated organisation, product or service. It is recommended that you obtain
appropriate professional and /or independent legal advice to ensure that the material
provided here is relevant to your particular circumstances.
To the full extent permitted by law the Federal, State, Territory and Local Governments,
their employees and agents do not accept any liability for any reason, including
without limitation, liability in negligence, to any person for the general information
which is provided herein, or in respect of anything, including the consequences
of anything done, or not done, by any such person in whole or partial reliance upon