You will be required to comply with these standards if you intend to be a veterinary surgeon in the Australian Capital Territory. The standards cover the standard of practice required for a veterinary surgeon to be competent to practise or to help improve his or her suitability to practise. The standards cover:
- Veterinary surgeons code of conduct
- Continuing professional development
- Management of psychotropic drugs
- Documents to be on hand at a veterinary practice
- Management of clinical records
- Recency of practice requirements for registration
- Anaesthesia protocol
- Veterinary premises
- Scope of practice for veterinary surgeons
- Conditional registration - non-practising.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.