To be eligible to receive this permit you must apply in writing outlining:
- Your name and address;
- A description of the heritage site;
- The location and address of the heritage site;
- The proposed excavation work and why it is required;
- The duration of any intended works;
- Details of any other work works related to the excavation work;
- Details of how you plan to reduce the risk of diminishing the heritage significance of the heritage site; and
- Details of how you plan to reduce the risk of damaging the heritage site.
If your excavation activity is likely to either damage or diminish the heritage significance of the heritage site you will be required to make a separate application for approval of statement of heritage effect.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.