You must comply with this standard if you install or use cranes, hoists, plant or scaffolding.
This standard referenced in legislation has been superseded and is referred to in the Catalogue of Australian Standards as:
- AS 1418.1-2002 General Requirements;
- AS 1418.3-1997 Bridge, Gantry and Portal Cranes (including container cranes);
- AS 1418.7-1999 Builders' Hoists and Equipment;
- AS 2549-1996 Cranes (including Hoists and Winches); and
- AS 2550 Cranes, Hoists and Winches - Safe Use Set.
These standards address numerous requirements for cranes, including those related to:
- Classification and load rating;
- Lift mechanisms;
- Access from fixed platforms;
- Speed limitations; and
- Access clearance.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.