You will be required to comply with this standard if you are a provider of child care and you intend to hold a family group conference with a child's family. A family group conference is a meeting with the family of a child in your care to discuss matters and arrangements relating to the wellbeing of the child. The standard sets out guidelines for:
- Referrals for family group conferences;
- Convening family group conferences;
- Confidentiality and the exchange of information;
- Family participation and culturally appropriate practice;
- Conduct of the family group conference;
- Reaching an agreement;
- Outcome reports and agreements;
- Registration of agreements;
- Reviews; and
- Appeals and complaints.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.