You will be required to comply with this code if you intend to keep poultry for non-commercial purposes. The purpose of this code is to address matters not properly addressed by other codes of practice that relate to the keeping of poultry, it includes requirements for:
- Access to food and water;
- Freedom to move;
- Freedom to dust bath, perch and lay their eggs in a nest;
- Socialise with other birds;
- Adequate protection from the weather and predators; and
- Prevention of disease and injury.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.