You will be required to comply with this code if you are a registered teacher in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). The purpose of the code is to:
- Guide teacher practice and conduct
- Affirm the public accountability of teachers
- Promote confidence in the teaching profession.
The code also details the principles that you must demonstrate in your professional practice, these include:
- Personal and professional integrity
- Respect for others
- Acceptance of responsibility for their contribution to teaching.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information and to ascertain the level of compliance that may be required.