To be eligible for this licence you must:
- Not be suspended from holding a construction occupation licence in any class;
- Satisfy the registrar that you are able to operate the required software to provide assessment; and
- Not hold a construction occupation licence, in any class, which is currently suspended.
If you are applying for a licence that would allow the provision of a construction service without supervision, then you must:
- Not have been found guilty of an offence that involves fraud or dishonesty; and
- Not have been found guilty of an offence that is punishable by imprisonment for at least 1 year.
For information on the qualifications required for the class of construction occupation you intend to apply to, please refer to the Construction Occupations (Licensing) (Mandatory Qualifications) Declaration. Applicants will need to show they hold adequate professional indemnity insurance to be eligible for a licence. Insurance must provide:
- Indemnity against claims for breach of professional duty as a building assessor; and
- A minimum limit of indemnity of $1,000,000 for a single claim.
If you hold a current equivalent licence in another Australian State or Territory, you may be eligible to apply for this registration under mutual recognition arrangements.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.