Electrician Licensing - Australian Capital Territory


You will require this licence if you intend to perform electrical work on any type of premises within the Australian Capital Territory. There are two main categories of electrician licences:

  • Unrestricted electrician licence
  • Restricted electrician licence.

If you lack the necessary qualifications far a electricians licence, a permit may be issued so that you may conduct the work under supervision. You will also require an electrotechnology systems permit, or restricted systems permit in regards to any incidental electrical work undertaken in relation to electrical, mechanical, plumbing, gas, refrigeration and air-conditioning works or installations.

Please use the contact details below to find out more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult with the Contact Officer for information on any eligibility requirements.


No longer than 3 years.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees are listed on the attached document.


Act(s) name

Construction Occupations (Licensing) Act 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Regulation(s) name

Construction Occupations (Licensing) Regulation 2004 Australian Capital Territory

Administering agency

Land, Planning and Building

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Construction and Workplace Licensing

Mailing address: GPO BOX 158
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory 2601
Phone: 02 6207 8096
Email: cwpl@act.gov.au
Website: Land, Planning, Building and Housing (Opens in new window)