You will require this permit if you intend to employ a person who is under the age of 15 in high risk employment. Employment is declared as high risk employment if it has been determined that it is likely to harm a child or young person's health, safety and personal or social development. The following activities are considered high risk and require this permit:
- Use of dangerous machinery;
- Use of dangerous substances;
- Handling harsh or toxic chemicals;
- High elevation work;
- Service of alcohol;
- Gaming or gambling service;
- Nudity and display of genitals;
- Working with extreme temperatures; and
- Heavy construction and excavation work.
Please be aware that your permit may be subject to conditions (for instance, about adequate direct supervision of young people or about the appropriate induction and training. Please use the contact details below to find out more information.