You may require this approval if you intend to operate your business from a home that is subject to a residential lease agreement. The purpose of this approval is to ensure that the primary use of the premises is as a home, and the business remains a secondary purpose.
Your home business may be exempt from this approval if:
- At least one worker genuinely lives on the lease;
- The business has no more than three employees;
- The area of the lease used for the business, including storage, does not exceed 40 square meters;
- All buildings on the site used for business purposes meet all relevant development and building requirements; and
- Goods and materials of the business cannot be seen from outside the lease.
Please see the attached document for further details regarding exemption criteria.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.