You may require this approval if you intend to supervise a family day care or centre-based child care service for children ranging from below school age.
Please be aware that you may be covered by the Service Supervisor Certificate and may not have to apply. Service Supervisor Certificates are not issued to a particular person. Instead they may apply to any person working at a service who has been identified by the approved provider within the service as:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the service;
- Exercising supervisory and leadership responsibilities for part of the service; or
- A family day care coordinator.
If your role does not fall within one of the described roles mentioned above then you will need to apply for an individual Supervisor Certificate. An example of when you may need to apply is if you intend to become a nominated supervisor or you are able to be placed in day to day charge of a service and you are not working in one of the types of roles above. Please note that a nominated supervisor is a certified person who has been nominated by the approved provider of the service to be the supervisor.
The National Regulations allow for certain classes of people to be granted a supervisor certificate without an application. A person will automatically be granted a supervisor certificate if they are:
- A principal of a school;
- A person in charge of a school campus; or
- A specified teacher or director under state or territory law of a school providing an education and care service at the site of the school.
Please use the contact details below to find out more information.