To be eligible for this licence you must ensure each vehicle that you intend to use for the transport of clinical waste complies with:
- The requirements of the Clinical Waste Manual; and
- The Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods.
You will also be required to:
- Submit an application;
- Prove that you have, or will have, the necessary facilities to transport clinical waste;
- Outline the volume and type of clinical waste that you intend to transport;
- Outline the arrangements that you have, or will make, to ensure the safe handling of clinical waste;
- Prove that you have a satisfactory level of insurance against any potential liability that may result from the transport and handling of clinical waste;
- Outline your previous experience in transporting clinical waste;
- Outline your intended supervisory plans for employees;
- Pay the required fee; and
- Have each vehicle tested by a vehicle inspector.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.