To be eligible for a motor vehicle sales licence an individual applicant must:
- be at least 18 years old;
- be a suitable person;
- not be bankrupt or have executed a personal insolvency agreement;
- be likely to be able to comply with the obligations applicable to the licence;
- not be the holder of, or an applicant for, a car market operator licence;
- have sufficient material and financial resources; and,intend to carry on the business during the period of the licence.
To be eligible for a motor vehicle sales licence an application by a corporation must: have each executive director of the corporation be a suitable person;
- not be the holder, or an applicant for, a car market operator licence; and,
- have sufficient material and financial resources.
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applicants are also required to provide:
- two written references as to the fame and character of the individual applicant (and for each director of a corporation);
- a police certificate for the individual applicant (and for each director of a corporation);
- a certificate from the Environment and
Planning Directorate that provisions of the Territory lease, for each
place where you propose to carry on business under the licence, do not
prohibit such business;
- relevant financial information approved by a qualified accountant; and,
- any other information required by legislation.
Please consult the Contact Officer for more information regarding eligibility requirements.